October 4, 2009

Dear Riccardo,

I was extremely excited to see your défilé (yes I obnoxiously italicized a foreign word ) today. Perhaps most excited for the casting, as I expecting the return of my favorite model, Lara Stone .. which left me slightly happy. However you're unique way of piecing together this collection, wasn't my favorite. I'm usually awestruck by your collections and was hoping for a little more.. I love Alla as a conehead ... what a chic halloween outfit. Overall, quite beautiful. It's impossible to hate you Riccardo..

S/S 2007 Prints + Spring Couture 2009 Draping + Typical Black Givenchy Tendencies + Coneheads + Sick Shoes + Great Models = S/S 2010

In effect, its a combination of the prints Riccardo usually uses ( ie. white, black, and neutrals like brown and cream), his gorgeous draping and a good measure of black and leather. Throw in some insane shoes et voila. C'est Givenchy.

( Givenchy F/W 2007 - Freja Beha Erichsen, Snejana Onopka, Sasha Pivovarova )

+

( Givenchy Spring 2009 Couture- Natasha Poly, Lily Donaldson and Jourdan Dunn)

+

( Coneheads )

=

( S/S 10 images from Catwalking and others from Style.com )

xx D

1 comment:

  1. Love the conhead's outfit. Love the candy colored draped dresses. Yep. Lov Riccardo

    Gaelle
    http://beinglovindoing.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete